Friday 6 June 2014

Sanjay Thapa


Sanjay Thapa <sanjaythapa24@gmail.com>

Jan 3 (1 day ago)

I joined Rockvale Academy in 1996 as a small boy. I was a shy  and was never into any extra curricular activities. Until later in 1999 I joined the school band and played the kettledrum. Joining the school band was kind of a turning point for me, as from then on the elements of music creeped deep inside me. I use to watch the seniors perform in Annual Concerts and envy it. I played in the school band for three years. After my ICSE in 2002 i started learning guitar by myself, buying books and guitar magazines and what not. I was in the school. In 2004 i gave my ISC and then I started playing in different bands and simultaneously did my college from Kalimpong College (Eng.Hons). After I finished my college in 2008 and experimenting with different bands I formed GROUND ZERO. I personally selected each band member to ensure that the outcome of the band was different from the mainstream. When I finished my MA (Eng) from NBU in 2011 from then on I am fully engraed into music. I have performed in different prestigious venues in and around the country with my band GROUND ZERO and winning different competition along the way but haven't yet performed in my own school my beloved Rockvale. My school has given me so much and I am glad to be a part of a gigantic Rockvale family.
Optima Thule.....
Sanjay Thapa ( Guitarist, Lyricist and Founder of GROUND ZERO)

0 comments:

Post a Comment